Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chez Maman

In Potrero Hill.

What an intimate vibe, like I was in my French mother's kitchen. One bar, two tables. A short wait later, my friend and I were seated by the very friendly, loud and quirky French owner. haha. I want to be his friend. He would probably make fun of me all the time and I would laugh and love it.

We both ordered burgers, since I heard they were stellar. Served on broiche with frites and a mixed greens salad. The burger was delicious! Juicy, medium (as I liked it), and satisfied my taste buds. Next time, I will try it with an egg, this time I got it with bacon. Should've ordered a crepe but got the Creme Brulee instead since we were very full. Not so great. Watery and looked like they were in a hurry to make it.. it was nearing closing time.

I would make another trip. Very cozy. Perfect for a solo meal as well. I eyed a man eating mussels alone at the bar. Content!

No comments: